This is the story of my journey, from a bumbling and confused CEO lost in the headlights of change to having a vague idea of what I was doing.
I say vague because I’m not going to make grand claims to the techniques that I discuss in this book. It is enough to say that I have found them useful over the last decade whether in finding opportunity, removing waste, helping to organise a team of people or determining the strategy for a company.
Will they help you? That depends upon the context that you’re operating in but since the techniques don’t take long to learn then I’ll leave it up to the reader to discover whether they are helpful to them or not. Remember, all models are wrong but some are useful.
If you’d prefer it in print, GCATI offer fulfillment through Amazon (affiliate link). You can alternatively have the PDF version printed locally or through an online service.
Get a sense of what you’re in for, with these video summaries of the first five chapters of Simon’s book.
Table of Contents
There are currently 19 chapters in Simon’s book:
- On Being Lost (28m read)
- Finding a Path (24m read)
- Exploring the Map (23m read)
- Doctrine (33m read)
- The Play and a Decision to Act (35m read)
- Getting Started Yourself (20m read)
- Finding a New Purpose (39m read)
- Keeping the Wolves at Bay (26m read)
- Charting the Future (33m read)
- I Wasn’t Expecting That! (41m read)
- A Smorgasbord of the Slightly Useful (72m read)
- The Scenario (14m read)
- Something Wicked This Way Comes (19m read)
- To Thine Own Self Be True (12m read)
- On the Practice of Scenario Planning (34m read)
- Super Looper (38m read)
- To Infinity and Beyond (24m read)
- Better for Less (37m read)
- On Playing Chess (27m read)